Upland Ecology and Upland Forestry are trading names of Upland Forestry Ltd (SC 651034). We provide a full range of professional consultancy and contracting services relevant to the ecology and sustainable management of semi-natural habitats, native woodlands and multi-purpose forests – focusing in particular on ancient woodland restoration, native woodland expansion and establishment, peatland restoration, habitat survey, monitoring and mapping.
Our expertise is focused on the upland habitats and land-use systems which are found extensively throughout Scotland and elsewhere in the British Isles and abroad.
STAFF AND ASSOCIATE DETAILS
Gary Servant – Director
BSc (Hons) Aberdeen University
Gary has been involved in the UK forestry and ecology sector since 1998 with a particular focus on native woodlands in Scotland. He has been based in Lochaber since 2003 and since then has delivered over 350 contracts for a wide variety of clients, as well as helping to establish two local community development charities.
- Scotland’s Atlantic rainforests and native Caledonian pine forests
- PAWS and ancient woodland restoration
- Forest plans, woodland management plans and native woodland creation
- Rural development forestry and the Community Asset Transfer process
- Upland habitats and the National Vegetation Classification (NVC)
- Site suitability for native woodland expansion and woodland creation
- Monitoring deer impacts on upland habitats, and in particular use of the Woodland Grazing Toolbox to monitor impacts on native woodland habitats.
- Wildfire impacts and wildfire risk assessment in relation to upland habitats and native woodlands
- Peatland restoration – especially forest-to-bog restoration projects
- Site-condition monitoring of woodland, wetland and upland habitats.
- Associate Member – Native Woods Cooperative (Scotland) Ltd
- Trustee of Arkaig Community Forest SCIO
- Trustee of Achnacarry Bunarkaig and Clunes Community Group SCIO
Contact us to discuss your requirements at any time!
Gary Servant – Mobile: 07834 515383 Email: email@example.com