Upland Ecology is a trading name of Upland Forestry Ltd, providing an extensive range of services to the forestry and land management sectors.
- Assessment and monitoring of deer and livestock impacts on vegetation (inc Woodland Grazing Toolkit)
- Habitat and vegetation mapping (UKBAP, EUNIS, Annex 1)
- Birds, Butterflies, Mammals and protected species surveys
- Peat depth and peatland/wetland surveys
- Environmental statements
- Site Condition Monitoring
- Vegetation surveys (NVC, Phase II)
- Advice on wildfire and prescribed burning and muirburn in relation to conservation and land management objectives
- Invasive non-native species survey and advice
Recent contracts include:
South Loch Assynt NVC and Habitat Survey – CALL Project (2020)
Loch Oscaig – Peat depth and habitat survey – CALL Project (2019)
Woodland Grazing Toolbox surveys – Loch Arkaig Pine Forest (2017-2020)
Acheninver NVC/habitat survey – Coigach Assynt Living Landscape
NVC/EUNIS survey and woodland site condition monitoring – Morvern Woods SSSI/SAC (SNH 2014-15)
Swamp/wetland site condition monitoring -various SAC’s and SSSI’s – North of Scotland (SNH, 2015)
Rhododendron survey and advice on control/management -various – Loch Lomond and Trossachs National Park (2014-2017)
Butterfly monitoring – Loch Arkaig and Clunes – Butterfly Conservation.
For further information or support on this don’t hesitate to contact Gary.
Mobile: 07834 515383 Email: email@example.com